History Press: Book, 'Around Cambridge, White Creek, and Jackson'
The Cambridge Valley has always been united and divided, each community holding tightly to its identity. In 1773, the Cambridge District was formed, comprised of the current towns of Cambridge, White Creek, and Jackson. In 1788, the area became the Town of Cambridge in Albany County and was annexed to Washington County in 1791. The area was divided into the present town boundaries in 1816. The three communities of Cambridge, North White Creek, and Dorr's Corners, though each only three-quarters of a mile from the next, did not unite into the Village of Cambridge until 1866. Today the village spans the boundaries of the three townships but still divides itself into the East End and the West End.
Publisher: The History Press
Author: Ken Gottry
Number of Pages: 128
Number of Images: 204
Dimensions: 6.5 x 9.25 Inches (US)
Original publication year: 2010